7/30/2014

WIP Wednesday

today with two projects:

first of, my baltic blanket grows :) and the testers have started as well :)

IMAG6321.jpg

right now I'm starting to hope my yarn will last me long enough. I hope to at least triple the length I have so far and I do think my yarn might last, but I'm not sure. when I've finished this color repeat I will weigh my blanket and the yarn I have left and hope for the best. I mean in case my yarn won't last I have two options, another trip to Hamburg and hope they still carry both colors or finding an alternative (I can think of adding "grass" and "beach" colors in wave shapes, but I'm not there yet. I just hope I can finish this in the pattern and yarn I have)

the second project has had its appearance before. Although it's been wordless and I frogged everything, I wanted to make a short sleeved shirt with stripes and then I came across a finished Coachella on my instagram stream. And I remembered I always wanted to make one for myself.

IMAG6326.jpg

and now here I go, starting over. I doubled the yarn I have so now I can use 3mm needle (before I used 2.25mm) and now look at the pattern and wonder which size to choose. I have a different gauge as I'm working with significantly smaller needles and normally I would just calculate all the measurements but this shirt gives me headaches. The construction is so different I don't really know where to start. If you ever made this maybe you can give me a tip?

now let's "enjoy" the heatwave together, Diana

______

heute gibt's gleich zwei Projekte im WIP Mittwoch

zum einen wächst meine Ostseewellendecke immer weiter :) und die Tester haben auch angefangen :)

ich bin grade sehr zufrieden mit ihr und hoffe grade nur, dass mir das Garn nicht vorher ausgeht. Ich glaube schon, dass die Wolle reichen wird, bin mir aber nicht sicher. ich möchte die Decke gern etwa dreimal so lang machen, wie sie jetzt ist. Naja da werde ich wohl einfach mal wiegen wenn ich den aktuellen Farbwechsel fertig hab und mal grob ausrechnen wie weit ich noch kommen könnte.
Plan B wären entweder Strandsandwellen oder gar Graswellen am Rand, aber auch nur falls ich die Wolle nicht nochmal nachkaufen kann, FALLS sie tatsächllich nicht reichen sollte.

und als zweites Projekt ist oben Wolle zu sehen. Sie war hier schon mal zu sehen, aber ich hab wieder aufgeribbelt. Eigentlich sollte es ein selbstentworfenes Shirt werden, aber ich bin vor kurzem in meinem instagram Feed über einen fertigen Coachella getsolpert. Nunja, das wollte ich schon ewig machen und nun fang ich an.
Maschenprobe ist gemacht und ich grübel grade welche Größe ich machen soll, da ich ne andere Nadel nehme als im Muster (ne 3mm statt 4.5mm). Normalerweise würde ichs mir einfach ausrechnen, aber die eigenwillige Kontruktion dieses Shirts lässt mich etwas stottern. Falls ihr es schon mal gemacht habt, vielleicht habt ihr ja einen Tip für mich?

und jetzt "juchu" Hitze und bald Wochenende, Diana

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.